Google searches for “How do I switch off the iPhone?” make sense. The lack of a home button on Apple’s most recent models, such as the iPhone 14, iPhone 13, and iPhone 12, has left consumers wondering how to turn the device off.
Long-pressing the side button on a recent iPhone does nothing more than launch Siri without giving you the option to shut down the device.
Even though Apple hasn’t made many functional changes to the iPhone’s buttons over the years, every time it does, it changes how each button works. Holding down the side button does not prompt you to turn off your phone, for example, on the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12.
Instead, it activates Siri, who then waits for a split-second for your question or command. Numerous emails and direct messages on Twitter have been sent to me seeking tips on how to switch off the most recent batch of iPhones.
You have to tap a few buttons at once to turn off your phone right now. If you’re really having trouble remembering which buttons to press when the settings app has a software button that turns your phone off.
As a result, it could be difficult to figure out how to switch off your iPhone. But don’t be concerned. To assist you to turn off your iPhone, we offer short and simple instructions.
In the sections below, I’ll show you how to restart a problematic iPhone, the mysterious button combination to turn your iPhone off, and where to locate the software button to do so.
How to Power Off iPhone 12, 13, & 14
The iPhone can be turned off in two different ways, but the side buttons are the quickest and most effective option.
Method 1 – To Power Off iPhone
- Find the volume-up button first (on the left side of the iPhone).
- On the right side of the iPhone, locate the one button.
- Holding down both of these buttons at once will activate the “Slide to Power Off” feature.
- If you slide the circular button from left to right, your iPhone will shut off.
- It’s important to remember that the volume down and right buttons have the same effects.
Method 2 – To Power Off iPhone
- Access Settings.
- Select “General.”
- To reach the bottom, scroll down.
- Click “Shut Down” once.
- Simply press and hold the right button until the Apple logo appears to turn your iPhone back on.