Table of Contents Hide
Are you trying to figure out how to use Teleparty so that you can watch TV or movies with your friends? Well, you are lucky as we will share all the relevant details right here. Teleparty lets you sync movie or TV show playback with friends or family. Yes, you guessed it right. It is the same as the Netflix party, however, it also works with other websites too.
Teleparty is actually the Chrome Extension that is available for Chrome and Edge Browser for Desktop PC. Needless to say, it is one of the best browser add-ons for streaming platforms. So if you are wondering how you can spend some enjoyable moments with your friends, you can readily use Teleparty.
In fact, it creates a synchronized streaming of a movie or a show which allows you to watch with your friends and family along with a chatbox. This platform now works for all popular OTT apps like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and HBO. So why not look into some significant details before using this platform? Let us share with you all the details!
How Can You Set Up Teleparty?
If you are about to use Teleparty, you need to know how to use it in the first place. However, it’s important to note that Teleparty is not an official feature of any of the streaming services it works with. As per the sources, it is supported by a Patreon. One of the major things that you require to use this platform is Google Chrome.
Other web browsers like Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc, won’t work if you do not have Google Chrome. This is because you need to download the extension through Chrome. It won’t take you long to install and after logging in, you can now enjoy watching Teleparty. Let us share with you all the steps that will make things easier for you:
- Firstly, open the Teleparty Chrome Extension Page and clock on “Add to Chrome.”
- Now you will find that the extension is added to the top-right corner.
- You can now open any video on popular OTT platforms like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, or HBO with your friends.
- Start playing the video and hit the pause button and now click on the TP icon on the Extension menu.
- Here you will notice the “Start the Party” button and once you have hit the button you will see a shareable link.
- This is when you can enable the chat option if you think of chatting with your friends while streaming the video. In fact, you can also disable the chat. At the same time, you can send the party link to your friends.
- However, make sure that your friends also have installed the Teleparty Chrome Extension on their browsers to make things work.
- Finally, when they open the link they will be redirected to the selected Netflix show. All they need to click is the red TP button extension and they will be automatically connected to the party chatroom.
What Can You Do With Teleparty?
As we said earlier, Teleparty allows you and your friends to watch all at the same time through individual accounts. Moreover, it also includes a chatroom bar down the side of the screen. So here you can type the text to ‘chat’ with your friends. In fact, you can also comment on the ongoing TV show or film, ask about the weather, send hugs or say whatever you want to.
Furthermore, you can also send emojis, GIFs, and screengrabs as well. However, there are no voice or video-based chat options, as they would distract you from viewing the show. At the same time, the number of people that can watch together in Teleparty is a whopping 1000! So you need not worry about the numbers.
In fact, you can Teleparty with anyone across the globe, however, remember as the same TV show or film might not be available in every country. Moreover, those who are concerned about privacy might be relieved to know that all these chats are deleted from the Teleparty servers at the end of the movie.
What Devices Does Teleparty Work On?
Many of you might have this question on your mind. Well, let us share with you all the details in this section. As per the sources, the Teleparty extension only works on laptop and desktop computers, both MAC and PC. So it means that you cannot currently use Teleparty on iPads, games, consoles, or on your TV.
As of now, Teleparty is not currently possible on Android or iOS. So how is the video quality? Well, it is worth noting that Teleparty streams will only be at a maximum HD resolution with Google Chrome. In fact, you can also opt for Microsoft Edge for 4k support.
Is Teleparty Safe For Use?
Well, this is one of the relevant aspects that might come to your mind if you are using platforms like Teleparty. This goes without saying that people do not prefer sharing their personal info. So this is the reason people often wonder if Teleparty is safe or not. As we said earlier, Netflix Party is a Google Chrome extension.
- Make sure your friends do not post the party link anywhere publicly. Since there is no password protection, anyone with the URL to your Teleparty can join the group.
- At the same time, Teleparty employs trackers that can monitor your browsing habits. So you can turn the tracker off as the service does not follow the common “Do Not Track” option.
So as we conclude, we can say that currently, Teleparty is one of the most popular platforms where you can watch your favorite shows with your friends all at the same time. Needless to say, it is way too much fun when you watch the shows and chat with your friends as well. So why miss out on all the fun and enjoyment? This article has all the important aspects that you need to know before using it. Even though, nothing beats hanging out with friends in person, when that is not possible Teleparty can help you socialize while sitting at your home.
Also read: Is Buying A Home Theatre Power Manager Worth Your Money?