Table of Contents Hide
To help users monitor login information, WhatsApp offers a mechanism to see how many devices are currently logged into a specific account. But how to use one WhatsApp number on two mobile devices is shown below.
One WhatsApp number can now be used on two mobile devices thanks to a new feature that WhatsApp is now rolling out. This is an improvement to the earlier this year introduced Linked devices capability. The most recent update, however, is only now accessible to platforms’ beta testers.
The company may add it to WhatsApp’s stable version in the upcoming months but not yet for all users.
All current WhatsApp users are only able to access their accounts via a single smartphone, though they are permitted to link up to four additional devices, such as laptops and tablets. People who use two mobile phones will find it easier now that the company plans to allow users to log in to one WhatsApp number on two phones.
To help users maintain track of login information, WhatsApp will now offer a means to see how many devices are currently signed into a specific account. Users will feel more secure as a result and won’t have to worry about their accounts being used on unidentified devices. The good news is that WhatsApp will let users log out remotely from any device, which you can do using your primary phone.
How to use one WhatsApp number on two mobile phones
To test out WhatsApp’s new feature, users must first register for the messaging service’s beta edition. Although the app’s beta programme is currently largely full, you can still give it a shot. Just search for the WhatsApp app on the Google Play Store. When you open it, the page will have Beta programme printed on it.
You won’t be able to sign up for the beta programme if you see a message that says “Beta programme is full.” You can check the Play Store more frequently to see if the beta programme has begun.
Here’s how to use one WhatsApp number on two mobile devices for those who are using the beta version of the app.
WhatsApp linked devices
Steps for Primary phone
- Open WhatsApp app on your primary mobile phone.
- Tap on three-dotted icon, which is visible on the top right corner.
- Tap again on “Linked devices” option.
- Now, just tap on the “link a device” option, which will display a QR code on the screen.
Steps for secondary phone
- Once you sign up for the beta program, you don’t have to do anything else to activate it. You are already a part of it. Just open the WhatsApp app on your secondary mobile phone and log in.
- Now, tap on three-dotted menu icon, which is located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap again on “Link a device” option.
- Now, you need to scan the QR code, which is available on the primary phone.
Note:The process of linking up one WhatsApp account to other devices (like laptops and tablets) is similar to the above-mentioned steps.