There may be times when you forget your Apple Watch password and after reaching a threshold of the unfruitful tries ultimately you have to disable your Watch. Or is that the situation with you right now? Well, don’t worry. We are here for you. In this article, we have provided a detailed description on how you can reset the Apple Watch password in order to delete all data and start afresh, or to restore it from a backup.
How to reset Apple Watch if you forgot password?
Before we proceed, put your watch in charging mode and do not remove it until you have completed all of the procedures below.
1. Keep pressing the Side button till you see the Power off Screen, exit it.
2. Keep pressing the POWER OFF slide for some time and then let it go.
3. Select the Erase all content and settings from the menu. After the resetting procedure is completed, all the data from your Apple Watch will be erased.
4. Now you can set up the watch all over again from scratch.
How to reset your Apple Watch passcode with your paired iPhone
- Keep the linked iPhone to your Apple Watch beside you, as you’ll need it. Click on the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Look for the My Watch tab and then select General. Now find the reset tab and click on it.
- Select Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings from the menu.
- Tap to confirm to Erase All Content and Settings.
5.Insert your Apple ID password.
6. Allow the process to complete. When it’s finished, you can re-set your Apple Watch.
Note: If you have an active plan on the cellular model, you may be asked whether you want to keep or remove your cellular plan. Choose the keep it option. If you want to pair your watch with some other iPhone, simply unpair it with the previous device and re-pair it with the new one.
Set up Apple Watch again
After you reset you Apple watch using the above mentioned methods, you can either choose to configure it totally as a new device you can restore from a previous backup. People mostly go for the latter option.
Note: If you encounter the Activation Lock screen during setup, then you need to enter your Apple ID and password.